GET THE DETAILS
We offer CLE sessions on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with plenty of free time to explore!
CLE SESSIONS & OPENING RECEPTION
- Family Law Basics for the Non-Family Law Attorney
- Military Family Law Basic Considerations: Pre-Filing (Should I take this case?)
- Federal v. State: Jurisdiction Issues and Service of Process on Military Members
CLE SESSIONS & DINNER KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- Military Family Law Ethical Considerations: Should You have Taken the Case (Ethics)
- The Use of DNA Forensics in Sexual Abuse Allegations for Criminal and Family Court Cases
- Domestic Violence - When It's Part of Your Case
- Getting the Info You Need in Military and Family Law Cases Through the Freedom of Information Act
- Improving Mental Health & Professional Competence in the Law
- Impact of Mental Health and Substance Abuse in Family Law Cases
- Legacy Retirement vs. Blended Retirement System (BRS): What and Why Do You Need to Know the Differences
- Litigating the Military Retirement as an Asset and Drafting Considerations for the Final Order (When to Call for Help)
El Yunque Rainforest, Waterslide, Beach, Dine, and Shopping
Enjoy El Yunque and Luquillo on island time! Immerse yourself in El Yunque without a grueling or dangerous hike! Experience all the fun of swinging, swimming, sliding, and jumping at a casual pace. This tour is suitable for all ages and guests can participate in whatever activities they are comfortable with!
Our first stop in El Yunque will bring us on a moderate stroll through the lush canopy and natural landscape! Upon reaching the calm waters of La Barrigona, our guests will be able to jump in for a swim or take in the stunning natural beauty of the rainforest! Our second stop will be a waterfall which is a natural rock waterslide. Climb the face and enjoy an exhilarating slide or comfortably watch on from afar!
As we exit El Yunque we will wrap up our day at the famous Luquillo Beach and Los Kioskos. Experience culture and the essence of Puerto Rico with amazing food, drinks, and music at this local hang out! (Lunch not included, please bring cash).
Our speakers are experienced attorneys in the area of family law.
MARY FRAN QUINDLEN
Dinner Keynote Speaker
Adam Markel, bestselling author, keynote speaker and resilience researcher, guides individuals and organizations to tap the power of resilience to master the challenges of constant change.
With 18 years as a trial attorney building a multi-million dollar enterprise and 10 years as the CEO of a leading personal development and business training company, Adam has much to share about resilience, culture and change. Yet, some of his most enduring lessons came from his years as an ocean first responder – a life and death environment where Adam learned the importance of cultivating high performance capacity and impeccable teamwork.
In his latest book, Change Proof, Adam shows how those principles of resilience are equally relevant today for any business that wants to move beyond managing change to actively embracing it and using times of uncertainty, crisis, and chaos to create opportunities and stimulate individual and team growth.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
GET IN TOUCH
CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
We are happy to assist you and look forward to seeing you at the Puerto Rico Conference!